“Drip, drip, plash…Plink plink, plink…” The sounds outside my window are not common sounds in this desert environment. I love this season. It rains almost daily starting about now and lasting up to 6 weeks. Everything looks and smells clean and revitalized. So healthy. So alive! And the children- laughing, spinning, and jumping in puddles.
Too bad we as adult humans cannot do the same. Stand out in the rain and wash away all of the pettiness, hatefulness, betrayals, and various other ugliness. Gone. Start fresh. Clean slate. How would you handle it? What would you do? What would the rain require you to scrub from yourself?
The cleansing rain would require of me to believe my Savior’s promise of forgiveness. Gone would be the guilt for jealous reactions, the condescending comments, the anger over pitiful things, the slights, the cold shoulders, and the sarcastic responses. Impatience, judgment, and hostility would be a thing of the past. I envision dancing in the droplets and the negatives, intentionally or unintentionally, I’ve given to others sliding away.
Dancing in the droplets would bring some wonderful gifts to replace that which was washed away. I would find patience in the raindrops. Joy would splash across my nose. My clothing would be painted with splishes of kindness. Acceptance would drip from my hair with each drop that fell from above. The soothing refreshment of the drops bringing contentment and peace.
Will I dance in the rain? Will you? Don’t forget to jump in the puddles.
No comments:
Post a Comment