My dog snores. All 12 furry pounds of her Lhasa Apso self. She falls asleep and it begins almost immediately. It is gentle, cute at first. But it builds. I just had to literally turn up the T.V. because was so loud. Most of the times it makes me giggle. There are also times it just annoys me.
I think I might be a bit jealous. Can you remember when you last so totally trusted your environment that you relaxed in the middle of the day, put your head down, and fell deeply asleep, snoring at the top of your lungs without worrying about what someone else thought? I can’t.
We used to. As small children, we would fight our afternoon naps. But once down-we really gave it our all. So once upon a time, we knew how to rest our weary bodies and minds. No meds needed. Then we added school, and the freedom to nap when we needed began to fade away. Then the stress of homework. Then we added activities. Don’t forget social events. By the time we hit high school, there was enough stress to wipe out naps altogether. Too bad, because High School really made us need them. The older we got, the more was put on our plate. Our napability correspondingly decreased.
It is too bad really. The world would be a nicer place if the cranky adults all had naptime. No decisions made in the middle of sheer exhaustion. I know I would be a nicer person. Maybe if we all had naps, violence from misunderstandings might drop. Before big negations, Heads of State would have to snooze. I would be able to kick back and snooze just as carefree as my dog.
Nap for world peace. Think about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment